javascript - NPM Package - How to use a custom config file? -


i'm writing npm package cli tool. tool requires custom config file developer has include in root directory of project. many plugins so. name few:

  • webpack -> webpack.config.js
  • karma -> karma.conf.js
  • postcss webpack plugin -> postcss.conf.js

so idea, want similar. let's name package have my-package now. developer install package via npm install my-package. folder structure this:

// projectroot my-package.config.js ... node_modules/   ↳ my-package/     ↳ dist/         index.js // main package file 

so index.js file in my-package, how require config file my-package.conf.js in root of developer's project? there conventions doing this? can use node.js fs.readfile or something, i'm looking best practices here.

anyone ideas?

thanks!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

commonjs - How to write a typescript definition file for a node module that exports a function? -

openid - Okta: Failed to get authorization code through API call -

thorough guide for profiling racket code -