c - Pointer as parameter is null but after function pointer is not null -


this question has answer here:

hello have funcion like:

void enterstring(char *string) {      string = (char*)malloc(15);      printf("enter string: ");     scanf("%s",string); //don't care length of string }  int main() {    char *my_string = null;    enterstring(my_string);     printf("my string: %s\n",my_string); /* it's null want                                            show string typed                                             enterstring */     return 0; } 

i want string function show on string in main ... don't know if you'll understand me. thank :)

you passing string value. neet pass address :

void enterstring(char **string) {      *string = (char*)malloc(15);      printf("enter string: ");     scanf("%s",*string); //don't care length of string //you should! }  int main() {    char *my_string = null;    enterstring(&my_string);     printf("my string: %s\n",my_string);     free(my_string);     return 0; } 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

commonjs - How to write a typescript definition file for a node module that exports a function? -

openid - Okta: Failed to get authorization code through API call -

thorough guide for profiling racket code -